[Wg-uma] Call for votes: approval of August meeting minutes

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Tue Sep 1 13:29:04 PDT 2009

A reminder: Please review the minutes, and please vote.

Note that in Kantara, the chair has discretion to manage quorum
requirements in the following way:

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/2293776/Kantara+Initiative+Operating+Procedures+_V1.0_+2009-04-03.pdf?version=1

 From Section 3.7:

"All Participants present at a WG meeting are voting members of the
WG.	For the purpose of maintaining a reasonable ability to achieve
Quorum, any Participant in a WG who fails to attend two consecutive
meetings of the WG may, at the discretion of the Chair, be re-
classified as a non-voting member. Voting member status may be
reacquired by attending a meeting of the WG. In the case of an
electronic vote of the WG, if the electronic vote occurs while a
Participant is in non-voting status, the Participant may not vote in
that electronic vote."

I may have to resort to this after this ballot closes, if the response
has been very low.  If you want to retain list posting rights (that
is, exercise your right to contribute IP according to the group
participation agreement you filled out) but have no intention of
attending any meetings or voting in electronic ballots, feel free to
let me know offline that you're a serial non-voter. :-)

	Eve

eve at xmlgrrl.com