[Wg-uma] "Authentication model" document

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Oct 1 16:52:45 EDT 2009

As you'll see from the question marks in this thing, it all sort of
got squishy around the "requesting user".  At the time I wrote this, I
wasn't yet thinking clearly about the same vs. other distinction when
it came to the Authorizing vs. Requesting User; both cases need to be
accounted for.  (Maybe this form of analysis will help Michael in his
task?)

Also, I think the "step 0a/b/c" stuff is now slightly out of sync with
the "modern" numbering of the ProtectServe steps -- maybe Paul can
comment on whether that really makes a difference.

But I think this matrix brings home a point about the Consumer
(Requester) as an actor that's involved much more dynamically and
tentatively than the others.

Promise not to laugh...