[Wg-uma] Proposed: Location scenario to replace Photo Set one

Diego R. Lopez diego.lopez at rediris.es
Fri Aug 28 13:54:47 PDT 2009

Hi,

I fully agree with Iain in that location services are one of the key
fields to apply the UMA results. Grear
scenario, Eve!

Just let me make a remark about the issue on policy expression from SP
to AM, in the same direction as my
quote to Maciej comments...

On 27 Aug 2009, at 02:34, Eve Maler wrote:
> Add a note to #Issue: Policies Specific to the Web Resource Type
>
> Related to: Controlling Two-Way Sharing of Location Information
> (along with other scenarios)
>
> (replace the language about the Photo Set scenario with this:) In
> the Controlling Two-Way Sharing of Location Information scenario,
> note that FireEagle allows a user to share location only at the city
> level, and this level happens to be chosen for the connection that
> authorizes Dopplr to read the FireEagle location (a different level
> can be chosen for each application that reads location from
> FireEagle).  As it happens, Dopplr does not offer the same policy
> capability.  Without having to teach UMA generically about all the
> possible policy options specific to all the kinds of information in
> the world, is it possible for each SP to teach each AM about the
> policy options it offers, in some way that lets the the relationship
> manager application surrounding the AM present user interface
> options to see and select these policies?  Seeing may have less
> protocol impact than selecting, and seems to be a minimum value-add
> if the goal is to allow OAuth users to get a global view.

As long as this is required to be performed by the AM to a syntax
level (matching policy identifiers) I see
it as an interesting addition. But we should avoid the temptation of
going further into making AM
semantic-aware if we want to stick to the KISS principle.

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN