[Wg-uma] e-science VO use case (Re: Proposed Use Case writing convention)

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Aug 26 14:45:43 PDT 2009

Hi Diego-- Thanks for submitting this.  (Sorry we'll miss you
tomorrow!)  I have some questions for you:

Though I'm not intimately familiar with the VO concept (and certainly
not in the grid context), I've had some conversations with folks in
the last few months that have touched on it, and it seems somewhat
related to scenarios of these sorts:

- Small businesses on the web, e.g. permissioning your bookkeeper to
get into your Quicken or TurboTax account to do a limited set of
functions (we might have to defer this due to a real human being
sitting in the "Consumer's" seat??)

- Multi-tenancy hosted (cloud-based) app development, in which you
want to permission *apps* acting on your behalf to access *other apps*
(or datasets) hosted elsewhere -- very OAuth-ish, only the developer
would want to have a central control point for access rules

Are either of these getting close to the specific situations you're
thinking of?  Can we flesh out the scenario with more data of this sort?

	Eve