[Wg-uma] Introduction

Michael Hanson mhanson at spflrc.org
Fri Aug 7 10:12:36 PDT 2009

Hello everybody - I didn't make it to the first call, but here's my
introduction before the next one.

I am Michael Hanson.  My professional life is currently divided
between Cisco Systems, where I am the principal engineer of the
Application Delivery business unit, and Mozilla Corp., where I am
working with the Mozilla Labs group on identity in the browser.

My identity work has been largely on the product side; at Cisco, I
developed an XML gateway product that produces and verifies SAML
assertions, and handles credential mediation across organizational
boundaries.  At Mozilla, I am helping to develop extensions to the
browser to help users manage their online identity, by increasing
transparency and ease of use.  As a result I live in both the
enterprise and the consumer world, which sometimes leads to
interesting conversations.

I look forward to meeting you all and contributing to the UMA vision!

Best,
Mike