[Wg-uma] Introductions

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Tue Aug 4 01:28:58 PDT 2009

Hi!

My name is Christian Scholz, based in Aachen, Germany. I am very much
interested in the interoperability of social networks and virtual worlds
based on open standards.

I am also on the board of the DataPortability Project and producing two
podcasts with some friends about the topic:

  * http://openwebpodcast.de in german and
  * http://datawithoutborders.net in english which is now paused but
hopefully will be revived soon

Additionally I tend to blog here and there at http://mrtopf.de/blog in
both german and english

My main use case for distributed social networks is all around the idea
of a service catalogue, where a user just points to a list of services
when signing up to a new third party site which then somehow needs to be
able to access those services without the need to redirect to each of
them to ask for permission. I hope this working group will work on a
good solution for that. My goal would be simply to actually not "sign
up" to each new site or virtual world but simply to "login" without
prior registration, all your information should be on the network and
easily accessible in a protected way.

Cheers,

Christian

--