[WG-P3] NIST SP 800-53 Revision

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Thu May 2 11:59:07 EDT 2013

Hello, if it has not already been shared this should be of IAWG and P3
interest -

http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/201304_sp80053.cfm

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has published the
fourth revision of the government's foundational computer security
guide, *Security
and Privacy Controls for Federal information Systems and
Organizations*<http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/NIST.SP.800-53r4>.
Better known to the federal computer security and contractor community as
"SP (Special Publication) 800-53," this fourth revision is the most
comprehensive update to the security controls catalog since the document's
inception in 2005.

"This update was motivated by the expanding threats we all face," explained
Project Leader and NIST Fellow Ron Ross, "These include the increasing
sophistication of cyber attacks and the fact that we are being challenged
more frequently and more persistently."