[WG-P3] Anna Slomovic's Follow up thread (RE: IAWG P3 Agendas going into Berlin)

Mark Lizar mark at smartspecies.com
Sun May 8 15:31:25 EDT 2011

I completely agree with usability being the first and foremost
requirement.

I believe this is where a notice structure/protocol that provides and
immediate indication of control/protection/privacy in perhaps an
iconic form will be very potent.  IN addition, I have been exploring
the concept of notice and consent tracking via a credential to
increase privacy usability.  The idea being that notices, consent etc
can then be managed post/pre credential transaction.    A tactic that
has me thinking a federated notice standard/structure could greatly
increase usability and enable integration of other Kantara efforts and
emerging identity solutions like UMA.

After thoroughly reviewing P3P, I believe that a mistake P3P made at
the beginning of their effort was deciding that the trading of privacy
preferences via notice was the needed privacy solution online.
Clearly this has not been the case.

Mark