[WG-P3] [WG-IDAssurance] What to call a Relying Party in terms of aTrust Framework

Rainer Hörbe rainer at hoerbe.at
Fri Mar 11 03:33:42 EST 2011

Mark,

I need to rephrase my question: What does Principal mean in the data protection context (receiver, data subject or something else)? Did you refer to a particular terminology?

Scott David did a quite broad terminology comparison for his upcoming global grid glossary. Besides various IDM sources he researched 3 privacy frameworks, 2 from ITU-T and "Generally Accepted Privacy Principles: A Global Privacy Network". From this comparison it seems that controller, processor, recipient and data subject seem to be the most common terms.

- Rainer