[WG-P3] [WG-IDAssurance] What to call a Relying Party in terms of aTrust Framework

Richard G. WILSHER (Zygma) RGW at Zygma.biz
Thu Mar 10 19:42:04 EST 2011

Ben,

That's not a bad take, except that some of the 'lower-level' glossaries are
at least well-established, and at worst set in stone (e.g. terms embedded
within legislation ands published standards).  I also notice that the terms
'subject' and 'subscriber' have yet to rear their heads, but these have very
specific meanings in the context of certain ETSI TS created to underpin the
European e-sigs Directive, and similar terminology is employed in the IAF
SAC.  I suspect there is a high degree of common intent cf. 'Principle', but
I don't get the feeling that full congruence is going to be there, not least
because 'subject' and 'subscriber' have a deliberate distinction.  Agreed
though, something needs to be done to assist with understanding, even if
full alignment cannot be attained.

If anyone is unable to resist the urge to reply, feel free to remove me
explicitly from the list - I'll get it once via the IAWG list, thanks (but I
lacked the courage to limit this response to only the lists ;-).

Best,

  _____