[WG-P3] Next Privacy and Public Policy work group call: A special working session

Mark Lizar mark at smartspecies.com
Wed Mar 9 16:06:07 EST 2011

Greetings All,

The Privacy and Public Policy working group of the Kantara Initiative
will hold its next telecom this Thursday (Friday in Asia/Pacific).
This will be a special  session to work on a presentation to the
International Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) that reports to the
OECD, (I believe in June).

A draft slide deck has been put together as a starting point (already
sent to the list).   The intention of this presentation is to give
ITAC/OECD an understanding of what we are doing and where this is
headed. To create a presentation that is also useful EIC in Berlin.
The P3 slide deck is expected to take up to 5 slides.

Briefing: Basically, a description and status of what P3 and PF is
doing is what is needed.

As Rainer has aptly highlighted to the list there is needed discussion
in relation to how the IAF, the trust framework, and the Privacy
Framework fit together.   How P3 and a privacy framework will work
with other efforts to build a trust framework is an important
discussion.  A discussion that will hopefully lead to what the outputs
of the privacy framework include and how will this P3-PF role be
represented?  As this discussion is just emerging it will most likely
not have an impact on what status we are going to present to ITAC at
this time.

Even so, it will be good to get a briefing on the status of Trust
Framework Meta-Model ad-hoc work and the impending formation of a sub-
committee for Trust Framework components to co-ordinate.  So I have
invited Rainer and Joni to speak to this effect at the start of the
call.

AGENDA:

1.      Roll call
2.           15 minute briefing on Trust Framework Meta-Model (ad hoc
work) and home for the Meta-Model
4.   10-15 minutes discussion of briefing
5.    25-30 minutes on the ITAC/EIC Presentation.
6.       Other business

7.       Update roll call

8.       Review Action Items

Here is the dial-in information:

- Skype: +9900827043671716

International Toll

- North American Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022

Austria +43 (0) 82040115470

Belgium +32 (0) 70357134

Canada +1 (201) 793-9022

France +33 (0) 826109071

Germany +49 01805009527

Ireland +353 (0) 818270968

Italy +39 848390177

Spain +34 (9) 02885791

Switzerland +41 (0) 848560397

United Kingdom +44 (0) 8454018081

- Room Code: 3671716

Thursday 08:00 PT / 11:00 ET / 16:00 UTC/GMT / 01:00 +1 day Japan /
05:00 + 1 day New Zealand

Here is where you can find the P3WG wiki, our charter, deliverables
and work in progress.
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/p3wg/Home

You can log on to our back-channel chat during the call at:  http://02.chat.mibbit.com/
Channel:  #p3wg