[WG-P3] [WG-UMA] NSTIC Privacy Workshop

Salvatore D'Agostino sal at idmachines.com
Thu Jun 23 08:18:54 EDT 2011

Mark,

I will bring it up on the call, and I assume it got to the group in my last
reply (and copied again here).  The references you provide really are "soft
balls" for UMA and we should take advantage of this opportunity, imo. I will
also be on the NSTIC-DG call and can report in with or in support of UMA.

With regard to FICAM, the 25 February draft guidance document (aka part B)
references privacy considerations and FIPP in 6.3, is your thought that we
can build on this as best practice and supporting policy, as you mentioned,
or would you want to leverage FICAM or include it in other contexts?  There
is the references in this section to the TFPAP and since Kantara is on
board, Kantara then also has built in privacy in the Kantara TFPAP process.
In both (UMA, Kantara TFPAP) these cases privacy is fundamental, which is
really the best way to make sure it gets addressed.  So you have pointed us
to another item we can reference in a response by the NSTIC-DG.  Thanks.

Best,

Sal