[WG-P3] [WG-UMA] NSTIC Privacy Workshop

Salvatore D'Agostino sal at idmachines.com
Thu Jun 23 07:43:53 EDT 2011

Mark,

I will be there and would be happy to contribute, while not an active member
of p3, I am a member of UMA and believe that user control and UMA's ability
to enable this has the does enable the first guiding principle of NSTIC
"privacy enhancing and voluntary".  I am close to the FICAM process and ICAM
is part of our practice and as extend this to the enterprise as well as the
Fed, state and local infrastructures.  Let me know.

So here is pass.  I would go further in the statement below saying that UMA
by making user control a tenet of the design does (as opposed to may) build
privacy in through allowing individuals to protect personal information and
resources and control access to these resources by requesters.  UMA's use of
an authorization manager to establish the policy and manner in which
individual attributes and information are handled as protected resources, as
opposed to generally available information, in cyberspace.  There is an UMA
call today.  Perhaps the group could draft/comment on this statement and
take up your good idea.

Regards,

Sal