[WG-P3] [WG-UMA] NSTIC Privacy Workshop

Mark Lizar mark at smartspecies.com
Thu Jun 23 07:55:00 EDT 2011

Hi Salvatore,

That sounds like a great idea. The NSTIC Objectives  for the workshop
concludes with,

"The Strategy recognizes that privacy-enhancing technologies can play
an important role in creating a
user-centric identity model, but there may be hurdles to developing
widespread use of such
technologies.  In addition to hurdles to adoption, the workshop will
also consider additional challenges
that may arise in designing or implementing privacy protections for
the Identity Ecosystem and issues
associated with implementing those privacy protections, such as
increased operational complexity
organizations must deal with in an environment of multiple
international privacy frameworks and
creating enforcement mechanisms for maintaining privacy protections. "

I think it is definitely worth discussing the proposition that UMA
both address the privacy by design requirements for NSTIC and the
need to address 'multiple international privacy frameworks'.

A high level summary/picture may go a very long way for UMA at the
workshop next week.  In addition, P3 may be able to support UMA in
advocacy of UMA as a way to address Privacy and Public Policy in the
National Strategy.

Best Regards,

Mark