[WG-P3] Google Plus "primarily" an identity service

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Tue Aug 30 14:39:19 EDT 2011

I'm seeing the phrase 'identity war' come up all over now.  Some say
Facebook has won that war.  But frankly I think we're at the beginning of
this story (not the end).

The P3 is such an important group for this reason... as we've seen privacy
is something not simply explained and even harder executed.  This group
helps by fostering a space for conversations that often are had at such a
high level and in specific rooms that many people don't even get to hear the
details.  The transparency of Kantara and the vibrancy of the P3
Participants makes this space valuable in linking all these pieces together.

thx for the pointers and discussion,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
IEEE-ISTO