[WG-P3] UPDATE: next Privacy and Public Policy work group call:

Mark Lizar mark at smartspecies.com
Thu Apr 7 09:40:15 EDT 2011

Hello All,

A reminder and Update for today's call,

Today the meeting will be split in half with 30 minutes of Spring
cleaning and 30 minutes of discussion led by  Susan on item 4.b of the
Agenda.  So please skim the document if you have a chance.

> 4.b   use limitation of identifiers, credentials and attributes,
> What should the public policy be for a privacy framework?
> -- List Mentions
> ----Myths and Fallacies of Personally Identifiable Information - www.cs.utexas.edu/~shmat/shmat_cacm10.pdf

First in order to be efficient with Spring Cleaning - here is a list
of things to address administratively that I have flagged to be
actioned and further discussed on the list so please attend to today
so that we can reach quorum!!

- Spring Cleaning Priorities
-- Need a P3 and PF Roadmap - Must Action
-- Need to Update Wiki - Better Market P3 and Look at recruiting
interest - Must Action (based around updating charter and P3 focus)
-- Charter is out of date - Needs to be Actioned

Suggestions: After reviewing charter I think the scope can be further
refined.
To save time - suggestions  for milestones for P3 :

1.  For P3 Suggest we collate a basic idea of milestones to  maintain
a list of liaisons from the members and cross report efforts
concerning P3 during meetings.  (action for list discussion)
-- The minutes can be now be tagged and the liaisons can provide
active PF content on the wiki.   - These tagged minutes can then be
automatically posted to the main wiki page (wiill look into)
2. -- Suggest that we maintain an active and MARKETABLE list of P3
Concerns - Like the one being presented today by Susan
- P3 Milestones - Set it up and review with milestones to refine
charter and P3 focus in Q2 next quarter and to more actively recruit
interest in Q3.
- Fwd Thinking: Greater interest may be able to increase liaison
efforts in emergin Trust and Privacy discussion.
Flag Action for PF to provide milestones for the P3 Roadmap for next
meeting in two weeks.
3. Pf- Guidelines and recommendations for  Privacy Management and
Privacy Assurance deliverables which complement Kantara's initiatives
in Identity Assurance and Identity Governance. As well as similar
efforts via liaison or SG for P3 concerns - Maintained on the active
list.

The general ideing being that the above list can be used to refine the
Charter from a  Scope of 4 items to a Scope of 3 items and the wiki
mainpage can focus on reporting P3 Liaisons - Public Policy Concerns -
PF-Out - referring to P3 Project pages

Thoughts Welcome.

Mark