[WG-P3] Call for Votes: Privacy Statement for the IGF - NEW MOTION

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:50:46 EDT 2010

I, too, vote YES.

Anna,

To respond to your question, P3wg's vote only holds for P3wg.  It is
possible to hold a vote across Kantara to invoke the cache of the larger
organization.  But this takes time and experience has shown that the debate
over wording will escalate with the increase in the number of parties.  Even
now, I have some reservations about the current wording, but they regard
form more than substance, which is why I vote to accept the current
version.  In a larger group, there is a greater likelihood that we will
engage those who seek perfection.

Since P3wg carries the mantle of privacy for KI, it is appropriate and,
likely, expedient to issue a statement on our behalf alone.

Jeff

stollman.j at gmail.com