[WG-P3] FW: Call for papers to the First International Privacy Standards Conference on 2010-10-08/09

abbie barbir abarbir at live.ca
Thu May 27 11:27:18 EDT 2010

From: sebek at itu.int [mailto:sebek at itu.int]
Sent: May-26-10 4:04 AM
To: t09sg17q10 at lists.itu.int
Subject: FW: Call for papers to the First International Privacy Standards Conference on 2010-10-08/09

fyi

From: Passia, Krystyna [mailto:Krystyna.Passia at din.de]
Sent: vendredi, 7. mai 2010 16:07, Marijke; LEE, Kyung-Seok; Rajchel, Lisa

FROM: Secretariat to ISO/TMB PSC 01
            Privacy steering committee

TO       Whom it may concern

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Krystyna Passia and I am writing you in my capacity as secretary to ISO/TMB Privacy Steering Committee (ISO/TMB PSC 01).

I am pleased to bring to your attention that the ISO/TMB PSC 01 on behalf of the ISO Technical Management Board is organizing a First International Privacy Standards Conference scheduled to be held on in Berlin (Germany) on 8th and 9th of October 2010 at the premises of DIN, the German Standardization Institute.

As the result of its predecessor's ― ISO/TMB Privacy Task Force ― 2008-2009 activities the Privacy Steering Committee has assumed its role as the coordinating body within ISO and the Joint Technical Committee 1 (JTC 1) with the aim to ensure that all standardization activities in the area of data protection and privacy have a centre focusing on and exchanging with information related to the current and future standardization projects being developed within ISO and JTC 1 committees.

While having this approach in mind we are now turning to you and extend our invitation to participate in the First International Privacy Conference as mentioned above. We would appreciate your contributions to this important event and encourage you and your organization's representatives to take into consideration to actively exchange your views, opinions on the occasion of this international forum.

For more details regarding this invitation please see the attached "Call for papers" as well as the "ISO/TMB Privacy Task Force's Final Report".

We thank you for your attention and are looking forward to your responses.

Please send any communication to the PSC 01 Secretariat at <krystyna.passia at din.de>
at your earliest convenience but no later than 14th of June 2010.

With best wishes,

Krystyna Passia

Krystyna Passia
Secretariat of ISO/TMB PSC 01
Privacy Steering Committee
DIN Deutsches Institut fuer Normung e.V.
10787 Berlin
GERMANY

Tel.: +49 30/2601-2652
Fax: +49 30/2601-4-2652