[Wg-p3] FW: P3 Call to Action: Strategic Focus

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:49:48 PDT 2009

Thanks Jeff

Certainly 'designed - in' privacy is often talked about a heck of a lot harder to do.

There was some work started in Liberty around Privacy assurance - to map to the Idebntity assurance Framework which is well on its way to wide acceptance.

Likewise, privacy needs to be designed into architectures. I'm on the ISO SC27 WG5 which has both the Privacy Framework (29100) and Privacy Reference Architecture (29101) under its wing.  While the former is through to 1st CD constributions for both are thin on the ground.  This group could do worse than make a major effort to submit comments to those  (hopefully with everyone having a broadly aligned view of the approach). Then you have taken the high ground.

Cheers

Colin

(observer)