[Wg-p3] P3 Call to Action: Strategic Focus

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:47:15 PDT 2009

All,

At this week's telecon, Susan Landau made the insightful observation that as
P3 bootstraps itself into operation, we have focused primarily on tactical
reaction to government actions (primarily in the US).  We have not
established our own strategic agenda.

In order to transform ourselves from tactical fire-fighting to a respected
leadership force in Privacy, we need to formulate our strategic agenda.

This will be a key topic on our next call (next Thursday 01 OCT). To get the
most out of that discussion I believe it would be best to begin the
discussion in advance.  I invite all members (active and observer) to submit
your thoughts and goals via email through the P3wg distribution list <
wg-p3 at kantarainitiative.org> and initiate discussions.

Thank you for your participation.

Jeff
Acting Vice-chairman, Privacy and Public Policy working group

stollman.j at gmail.com