[Wg-p3] A Suggested Policy Demarkation Point: Open Vs. Closed Identity Systems

Mark Lizar info at smartspecies.com
Wed Sep 23 06:41:09 PDT 2009

Brett et al.

This is more along the lines of what I was getting at, Patrick &
Stephen responses were very illuminating, and I would venture that an
open identity system, or closed identity system is perhaps not as
immediately understandable as I had imagined.  What I was referring to
was the host of granular control, and trust issues that arise
depending on how an identity is created, managed, and used.

I agree with the notion of one explicit policy domain for identifiers
being needed for assurance.  In particular the issues related
regarding the fooly of  Open PKI this was extremely illuminating.

I will try to develop a bit more of a discussion paper for tomorrow in
context of the FTC roundtable and see if we can traverse the various
lexicon, and trust issues involved in discussing or evolving a policy
context.

Best Regards,

Mark