[Wg-p3] TWO BALLOTS FOR P3WG VOTE: Vote closes Sept. 16, 2009, at 23:00 UTC

Bob Pinheiro kantara at bobpinheiro.com
Tue Sep 15 07:38:49 PDT 2009

Britta Glade wrote:
> 1. *SUMMARY*
> The P3wg is proposing to submit a *Report *(ATTACHED) to ICAM
> providing P3wg's feedback on their presentation of Aug. 10, 2009.  Per
> the terms of the Operating Procedures, as a *Report*, it will not
> carry the logo or backing of the broader Kantara Initiative, but will
> allow P3wg to provide feedback promptly.  P3wg is further proposing to
> initiate the process to obtain the full backing of the Kantara
> Initiative after appropriate procedures, as defined in the Operating
> Procedures, are followed in order to submit a Kantara-logoed
> *Recommendation*.  The *Recommendation* process will take 60+ days.
>
> As such and as indicated below, there are two motions on this ballot:
>
>    1. Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to ICAM as a
>       P3wg Report.
>    2. Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to the Kantara
>       Leadership Council as a draft Recommendation that will require a
>       vote of all Kantara members.  If it passes an all member vote as
>       defined in the Operating Procedures (super majority vote with at
>       least 15% of membership voting), the Recommendation will be
>       submitted to ICAM under Kantara's logo.
>
> 2. *TERMS*
> Both of the below motions require a Simple Majority vote, or 22 votes
> from the current roster of 42 participants (roster available here:
> http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/p3wg/Participant+Roster).
> Please note that "abstain" votes do count toward meeting the requisite
> number of votes.
>
> 3. *BALLOT CLOSE DATE NOTE:*
> This ballot is being issued as an *open ballot*, so please mark and
> reply to wg-p3 at kantarainitiative.org
> <mailto:wg-p3 at kantarainitiative.org> list *no later than Wednesday,
> Sept. 16, 2009, at 4:00 pm PDT/7:00 pm ET/23:00 UTC*.
>
> 4. *PROPOSED MOTIONS AND VOTE:*
> **
> *MOTION #1: Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to ICAM
> as a P3wg Report.  *
>
> //
>
> ____X____ YES
>
> ________ NO *
>
> ________ ABSTAIN
>
> * IF NO VOTE, Please include the rationale for your “no" vote to help
> facilitate resolution:
> ____________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> *MOTION #2: Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to the
> Kantara Leadership Council as a draft Recommendation that will require
> a vote of all Kantara members.  If it passes an all member vote, the
> Recommendation will be submitted to ICAM under Kantara's logo.  *
>
> ________ YES
>
> ____X____ NO *
>
> ________ ABSTAIN
>
> * IF NO VOTE, Please include the rationale for your “no" vote to help
> facilitate resolution:

This letter, as currently drafted, is a letter from P3WG to ICAM.  If it
is desired to submit it to the full Kantara membership for a vote as a
Recommendation, I think it should be rewritten somewhat so that it
becomes a letter from Kantara to ICAM, based on input from P3WG.   I'm
also not sure it makes sense to send essentially the same letter to ICAM
from both P3WG and Kantara.  If a modified letter is submitted to the
full Kantara membership and becomes a Recommendation, that would
presumably have more weight than a Report from P3WG.  I would also
imagine that other WGs may wish to make additions or modifications if it
is to become a Kantara Recommendation.  So, to keep this letter focused
as it is, and to have it submitted in a timely manner, my vote is to
keep it as a P3WG Report.