[Wg-p3] [KI-LC] Privacy and Policy strategy formation

Colin Wallis Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz
Wed Oct 28 16:45:07 EDT 2009

I think eGov has said before that input into the ISO Privacy Framework and Privacy reference architecture draft standards would be really helpful.

Some of you know that Liberty helped with 29115, which relates closely to the work of the IAWG, through the US mirror group for that standard.  I'm not sure if there's an equivalent for privacy, but I believe that Kantara will or has been, seeking a liaison with ISO SC27 WG5 that does this stuff, so if there is no mirror group that Kantara could contribute to, in the US or elsewhere, it could probably contribute directly.

Personally, (I think this was suggested by Robin some time ago, so it's not my bright idea!) I would like to see us get to a situation where each of the specs/outputs Kantara produces, has a 'privacy module'. So the Info Sharing request would constitute one of these.

Cheers
Colin