[Wg-p3] privacy commons

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:40:02 EDT 2009

Greetings all

>From a technical perspective this is very close to an extended form of 'ye olde consent service'.

It so happens that eGov is collecting requirements to give to ID-WSF Evo since they think that the ID-WSF Interaction Service does the job. We don't think it does.

Due to our own Privacy legislation in NZ (not too different from many others like DK, US, CA etc), the user has to give consent to any release of PII - be it direct, or to a user agent application where the user can set rules, so the application can handle some tasks on the users behalf.

It would be great to have P3WG's requirements and we can collectively go talk to the web people - be they ID-WSF Evo WG. Identity Services WG or whomever..

Cheers
Colin