[Wg-p3] TWO BALLOTS FOR P3WG VOTE: Vote closes Oct. 06, 2009, at 23:00 UTC

Bob Pinheiro kantara at bobpinheiro.com
Thu Oct 1 07:07:12 PDT 2009

j stollman wrote:
> [...]
> to ABSTAIN.
>
> If you have elected to be an OBSERVER member, you need take no action
> at this time.
>
> Thank you.
>

> 1. *SUMMARY*
> The P3wg is proposing to submit a *Report *(ATTACHED) to ICAM
> providing P3wg's feedback on their presentation of Aug. 10, 2009.  Per
> the terms of the Operating Procedures, as a *Report*, it will not
> carry the logo or backing of the broader Kantara Initiative, but will
> allow P3wg to provide feedback promptly.  P3wg is further proposing to
> initiate the process to obtain the full backing of the Kantara
> Initiative after appropriate procedures, as defined in the Operating
> Procedures, are followed in order to submit a Kantara-logoed
> *Recommendation*.  The *Recommendation* process will take 60+ days.
>
> As such and as indicated below, there are two motions on this ballot:
>
>    1. Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to ICAM as a
>       P3wg Report.
>    2. Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to the Kantara
>       Leadership Council as a draft Recommendation that will require a
>       vote of all Kantara members.  If it passes an all member vote as
>       defined in the Operating Procedures (super majority vote with at
>       least 15% of membership voting), the Recommendation will be
>       submitted to ICAM under Kantara's logo.
>
> 2. *TERMS*
> Both of the below motions require a Simple Majority vote, or 22 votes
> from the current roster of 42 participants (roster available here:
> http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/p3wg/Participant+Roster).
> Please note that "abstain" votes do count toward meeting the requisite
> number of votes.
>
> 3. *BALLOT CLOSE DATE NOTE:*
> This ballot is being issued as an *open ballot*, so please mark and
> reply to wg-p3 at kantarainitiative.org
> <mailto:wg-p3 at kantarainitiative.org> list *no later than Wednesday,
> Sept. 16, 2009, at 4:00 pm PDT/7:00 pm ET/23:00 UTC*.
>
> 4. *PROPOSED MOTIONS AND VOTE:*
>
> *MOTION #1: Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to ICAM
> as a P3wg Report.  *
>
> ____X____ YES
>
> ________ NO *
>
> ________ ABSTAIN
>
> * IF NO VOTE, Please include the rationale for your “no" vote to help
> facilitate resolution:
> ____________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> *MOTION #2: Motion to submit the current ICAM response letter to the
> Kantara Leadership Council as a draft Recommendation that will require
> a vote of all Kantara members.  If it passes an all member vote, the
> Recommendation will be submitted to ICAM under Kantara's logo.  *
>
> ________ YES
>
> ____X____ NO *
>
> ________ ABSTAIN
>
> * IF NO VOTE, Please include the rationale for your “no" vote to help

This letter, as currently drafted, is a letter from P3WG to ICAM.  If it
is desired to submit it to the full Kantara membership for a vote as a
Recommendation, it should be rewritten so that it becomes a letter from
Kantara to ICAM, based on input from P3WG.   I'm also not sure it makes
sense to send essentially the same letter to ICAM from both P3WG and
Kantara.  If a modified letter is submitted to the full Kantara
membership and becomes a Recommendation, that would presumably have more
weight than a Report from P3WG.  Other WGs may wish to make additions or
modifications if it is to become a Kantara Recommendation.  So, to keep
this letter focused as it is, and to have it submitted in a timely
manner, my vote is to keep it as a P3WG Report.