[Wg-p3] P3WG action item (Robin Wilton)

J. Trent Adams jtrentadams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:24:45 PDT 2009

Brett -

I think your characterization of the nascent work is accurate.

Another flavor on the initial discussions pushing toward a "Module"
approach was the perceived immediate economic drivers for adoption.
While we're seeing a path for entities realizing they may need the IAF
work, it's not as obvious that they'll follow suit with an entirely
separate Privacy Framework.

So, our approach is to avoid chasing another issue, opening more
discussions, building additional modeling, and potentially confusing the
market further.  Instead, we considered following a path that would
potentially get something rolling more easily, allowing us to build and
grow into something more stand-alone as demands emerge to do so.

That all being said, if others believe a stand-alone PAF would have more
success than a modular approach, I'm hip to exploring the opportunity.

- Trent