[Wg-p3] LoA and other cross-WG topics...

Randy Vanderhoof rvanderhoof at smartcardalliance.org
Fri Aug 21 06:45:03 PDT 2009

All,

Picking up on our last committee call discussion about the proposal for the
US government use of OpenID for Level 1 assurance, I wanted to alert the
committee that the topic is on the agenda for Tuesday’s IAB meeting (see
agenda below).  There is a call in number that you can listen live to the
meeting.

 Government Smart Card

Interagency Advisory Board (IAB) Meeting
Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT

American Institute of Architects (AIA)

1735 New York Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20006

AGENDA

1)      Opening Remarks

2)      Policy, process, regulations, technology, and infrastructure to
fully employ HSPD-12 for employees and contractors in USDA (Owen Unangst,
USDA)

3)      Policy and Infrastructure for PIV use for Logical Access.  Migrating
to one PIV use across domains  (Tim Baldridge, NASA)

4)      NIST UPDATE (Bill Macgregor, NIST)

*	Recent publications (esp., draft SP 800-73-3)
*	Safeguards built into PIV, and the recommendations in SP 800-116

5)      Leveraging open identity standards for Government interaction with
the American people  (Chris Louden for Judy Spencer)

6)      Closing Remarks

*Agenda is subject to change prior to the meeting

Dial In Information:

·         Toll Free Dial In Number:  1-888-998-2663
Access Code:  4479893

·         During speaker presentations, callers will be placed in a
“listen-only” mode to avoid disruptions to other callers on the line.

Metro Information:

·         Nearest Metro stop is the Farrugut West Station ‎ (Orange and Blue
lines)

·         See attached map for directions from the Farrugut West Station
stop to AIA

Sincerely,

Randy Vanderhoof

Randy Vanderhoof                   Address: 191 Clarksville Road, Princeton
Junction, New Jersey (USA) 08550

Executive Director                   Direct Phone: (1)609.587.4208
Alliance Main Phone: (1)800.556.6828  Cell: (1)609.731.8251

Smart Card Alliance                Direct Email:
rvanderhoof at smartcardalliance.org  Alliance Main Email:
info at smartcardalliance.org

www.smartcardalliance.org

Upcoming Smart Card Alliance Conference Events:

8th
<http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=16a5abff-f8a7-4df6-abf6-2
79dcbaeb496>  Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference - October 28-30,
2009, Washington DC -  the annual government smart card identity and
security industry-focused  conference and exhibition, moved to the
Washington DC Convention Center for 2009

Join <http://www.smartcardalliance.org/pages/activities-leap>  LEAP -
Leadership, Education, and Advancement Program - Find out how to become
certified as a Certified Smart Card Industry Professional (CSCIP).

Get Connected ... Get Active ... Join The Smart Card Alliance!

Visit the Smart Card Alliance web site for details or click on SCA
Membership FAQ <http://www.smartcardalliance.org/pages/membership-faq>