[Wg-p3] Conference call reminder: Thursday 20th August

Robin Wilton futureidentity at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 17 06:47:45 PDT 2009

Greetings -

A quick reminder that we have our next conf-call coming up on
Thursday Aug 20th, at 16:00 BST (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST, 17:00
CET). Can I request that a P3WG member of the Japan WG/DG please
contact me by email, so that we can plan for a possible sync-up
or liaison session in Las Vegas?

Here are the dial-in numbers, which you can also find via the
P3WG home page, [1]here.
  * US/Canada toll-free number:  1.866.305.1460
  * Direct dial (toll) number: +1.416.620.1296
  * Attendee Code: 9247530

  * International toll-free numbers:
       + UK: 0800 917 5847
       + Netherlands: 08002659007
       + Belgium: 080079491
       + Japan: 00531160345

Draft agenda (suggestions/contributions welcome):

1 - Re-cap of 10th August meeting at GSA (Washington DC) on US
plans for C2G authentication;

2 - Matters arising from (1); P3WG and authentication policy in a
multi-LoA environment. It's clear that this is a complex topic,
but also that P3WG members have a lot of relevant expertise and
detailed knowledge. I suggest we should look at what the group
could to do define and produce something which sums up the
problem area clearly and simply, and offers practical guidance to
stakeholders. Our aim should be to produce something which
reflects the perspectives of a broad range of stakeholders, and
provides policymakers with appropriate input to their
decision-making in this area.

I would like to reach a conclusion, by the end of the call, as to
whether the Group wishes to define a work item here, and if so
whether anyone would volunteer to draft a high-level work plan
(scope, goals, description of deliverables) in time for the Las
Vegas meetings.

3 - Planning for the Kantara plenaries in Las Vegas: review the
conference time-table and room allocation. Current agenda is
visible online [2]here.

4 - Nominations for Vice Chair and Secretary

5 - Stand-in arrangements for September 3rd conference call (RW
not available...).

I look forward to a productive call on Thursday.

With best wishes -

Robin