[Wg-p3] Wg-p3 Digest, Vol 2, Issue 16

Iain Henderson iain.henderson at mydex.org
Mon Aug 17 06:18:36 PDT 2009

Hi Richard - agreed on 'As we move to VPI (Volunteered Personal
Information) Systems the ability to
represent and and understand the rules by which a *granular* LOA can
be used
and manipulated will become increasingly important.'.

On the wider LOA debate, I have a view that this issue would be best
addressed by going right back to basics and looking at things from the
individuals needs rather than the organisations (which are ultimately
a by-product of the individuals needs). I can imagine icons and a
range of simple explanations for a relatively small number of 'service
access options'. Tough as that would be, I think it is architecturally
more sound, and ultimately an awful lot easier than getting
standardisation across (even within) organisations far less geographies.

Thoughts?

I'd expect to get into that line of thinking in the proposed consumer
research if we get that moving.

Regards

Iain

On 17 Aug 2009, at 13:52, Richard Baker-Donnelly wrote:

> As we move to VPI (Volunteered Personal Information) Systems the
> ability to
> represent and and understand the rules by which a *granular* LOA can
> be used
> and manipulated will become increasingly important.

Iain Henderson
iain.henderson at mydex.org

This email and any attachment contains information which is private
and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are
not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-
mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.