[Wg-p3] Minutes of P3WG conf call (23 Jul 2009)
futureidentity at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 6 06:41:19 PDT 2009
A very belated summary of our previous call; I promise I will do
a better job of distributing the next one promptly.
Next call: Thursday August 6th, 16:00 BST, 17:00 CET, 08:00 PST,
* US/Canada toll-free number: 1.866.305.1460
* Direct dial (toll) number: +1.416.620.1296
* Attendee Code: 9247530
* International toll-free numbers:
+ UK: 0800 917 5847
+ Netherlands: 08002659007
+ Belgium: 080079491
+ Japan: 00531160345
NB - if you need a number for a country not on that list, please
let me know.
Present: Trent Adams, Patrick Curry, Keith Dennis, Britta Glade,
Ian Glazer, Mark Lizar, Brett McDowell, Darrell Shull, Randy van
der Hoof, Robin Wilton
Apologies: Louise Bennett, Iain Henderson, Susan Landau, Toby
Stevens, Toshihiro Suzuki
RW - (1) Invited members to ensure they have read the IPR
policy in force for P3WG and are comfortable with its
implications for their contributions to the WG.
(2) Ditto the ISTO Anti-Trust Guidelines
Brett McDowell - Kantara's focus on Privacy and Policy is a key
part of its strategy for delivering full value from the
underlying technology interoperability work.
Patrick Curry - (1) P3WG work needs to address issues of
regulatory asymmetry, for example between the US and EU, between
different industry sectors, and between US Federal/State
(2) P3WG work needs to identify real
privacy/policy pressure points, perhaps by means of a survey or
by soliciting policymaker input.
(1) PC to help P3WG engage with policy-maker community
(2) RW, IG to arrange meeting with US VISIT program CPO at Burton
(3) Call for nominations to the posts of P3WG Chair and Vice
- First stage: nominations (to Kantara staff email address -
staff at kantarainitiative dot org)
- Second stage: secret ballot (process to be determined)
Director, Future Identity
Director of Privacy and Public Policy, Liberty Alliance
+44 (0)705 005 2931
Structured consulting on digital identity, privacy and public policy
Future Identity is a limited company number 6777002, registered in England & Wales
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Wg-p3