[Wg-p3] Prep For Privacy Workshop in Washington DC - August 10

Brett McDowell email at brettmcdowell.com
Wed Aug 5 09:02:23 PDT 2009

I am seeing a few topics emerge from this discussion that I'll
summarize:

- are all the major protocols properly represented, especially
regarding privacy features?
- should the Open Government initiative(s) require better-than-
passwords for any app collecting PII?
- what's the motivation of the event in the first place? (I can't
answer that one, you'd have to ask the organizers)

What I see is a blending of issues that will be discussed Monday:
- technology choice, and it's interoperability, privacy, and security
characteristics
- assurance frameworks: how can a Gov app trust a non-Gov assertion (a
la the IAF)
- privacy policy issues: what is the privacy impact for Americans
using Open Gov/eGov apps via their person-life credentials?

Does anyone else see another way to summarize or frame this
discussion?  I'm looking for a framing because I'm hoping we can
quickly conclude and provide me with guidance/message to take to Monday.

Brett McDowell  |  +1.413.652.1248  |  http://KantaraInitiative.org