[Wg-p3] Preparation for USG Privacy Workshop (Aug 10th)

Robin Wilton futureidentity at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 4 09:25:49 PDT 2009

Thanks Trent -

1 - well, asking them to draft a Glossary would certainly be one way of
ensuring things grind to a halt, I guess ;^)

2 - the other possibility I considered was whether, by "Federated with a
capital F", they meant "specified and/or operated by Federal Govt"...
(as opposed to a more 'devolved', multi-agency ownership)

3 - I agree: I'm not entirely sure how the full approval framework
differs from a "federated" system if by the latter one means
interoperable technology underpinned by pre-agreed contractual
arrangements.

Robin
Robin Wilton

Director, Future Identity
Director of Privacy and Public Policy, Liberty Alliance

www.futureidentity.eu
+44 (0)705 005 2931