[Wg-p3] Prep For Privacy Workshop in Washington DC - August 10

Brett McDowell email at brettmcdowell.com
Tue Aug 4 04:27:30 PDT 2009

I believe you should all also be subscribed to the community@ list, so
apology for the forward.  But I thought this WG might want to deep-
dive a bit more than the community@ list will so kicking off a fresh
thread.

If you look closely at this agenda you'll see I'm on it.  I'd like to
as the P3WG for advice for how to position the privacy issues as they
relate to the Open Government topic, especially (but not exclusively)
in the US.  The context for this event is the US Government evaluating
the acceptance of more identity protocols to expand the user-base of
eGov applications.  The US Government has been accepting X.509 PKI for
awhile now, and SAML 2.0.  Now they are looking on OpenID and
Information Cards technology.  There are issues in the background
about how does any "credential provider/identity provider" prove they
meet the Level of Assurance requirements of the US Government, but
that's not the focus of Monday's event.  Monday's event seems to be
more focused on the privacy impact of these new technologies (and I
think pure PKI and SAML might get re-visited as well).

With that... anyone have any comments or suggestions as I prepare my
notes for the workshop?

Thanks in advance!

Brett McDowell  |  +1.413.652.1248  |  http://KantaraInitiative.org

Begin forwarded message: