[WG-OTTO] Reminder: No meeting tomorrow

Keith Hazelton keith.hazelton at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 2 06:53:20 CDT 2016

I think it’s 9 am US Central on the 10th:

Location	Local time					Time zone	UTC offset
London	                Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:00:00 PM	GMT		UTC
Stockholm		Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 4:00:00 PM	CET		UTC+1 hour
Madison			Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 9:00:00 AM	CST		UTC-6 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT)	Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 15:00:00
Glossary
     --Keith
    generate some interesting feedback. We have a meeting scheduled for next
    Thu at 10 CT to get more feedback.

    The concern on the refeds list is that our solution is too complex.
    Personally I think they are distracted by the API endpoints (which will
    be of interest primarily to implementers of the RA) and not appreciating
    the browse/query capabilities, or the advantages of the linked data
    design.

    Also, I think part of the pushback is that we've done a better job
    describing the API's then the data model.

    - Mike

    Here is a response from Scott Cantor for example:

    Janusz:
    >> In my opinion metadata should be very descriptive and very light  in
    >> the
    >> same time to consume and allow entities to learn how to discover and
    >> retrieve information about other RAs, Feds and Entities and
    >> relationships.

    Scott:
    That model is much more complex to implement and that's why it wasn't
    chosen 15 years ago to begin with. You don't get flexibility for free,
    and we already see essentially no uptake of any automated provisioning,
    trust management, or revocation in the general software ecosystem. I
    don't believe that making things more complex will improve that picture.