[WG-OTTO] OTTO WG 2/10/15 Draft Minutes

Rainer Hoerbe rainer at hoerbe.at
Wed Feb 17 05:01:45 CST 2016

I added this text to the minutes from last week:

"Calculating trust based on distance vectors is a very particular method that does not reflect risk factors
in most federations. The long-running discussion around LoA and vectors of trust has show clearly that there are many factors on legal, organizational, techical levels that are hard to reduce properly onto a single scale. It can work reasonably well within a specific federation, but it does not scale to interfederation, cross-border etc. Therefore risk calculations (like an LoA) need to be deferred to the point in time when a federation generates its metadata from the general layer (the shared ledger), using their local rule set. This allows federations to come to different conclusions whether to include an entity, or rate its eligibility for attribute release, or assertion levels based on the same data."

Apologies for today’s call, I am in a meeting.
- Rainer