[WG-OTTO] OTTO WG Minutes 4/20/16

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Wed Apr 20 11:57:39 CDT 2016


---------------------------------------
NOTE : NO MEETING NEXT WEEK DUE TO IIW!
---------------------------------------

OTTO WG Minutes 4/20/16
STATUS: Draft

## Voting Members Attending:
  - Mike Schwartz
  - Yuriy Zabrovarnyy
  - Keith Hazelton

## Guest
  - Collin Wallis

## Discussion of OpenID Connect Federation Standard

Yuriy had some questions about how to figure out which federation signed 
the software
statement, see section 6 - Verification Process
  https://github.com/rohe/pyoidc/blob/master/oidc_fed/oidcfed.txt

Mike suggested that maybe the software statements needs to go into some 
kind of
JSON object.

## Discussion of OpenBadge

Mike came across a specification for conveying educaitonal credentials 
that also uses
JSON-LD:
   http://openbadgespec.org

See the schema:
   https://openbadgespec.org/v1/context.json

It's an interesting data point that supports our choice of JSON-LD for a 
non web-search
use case.

## Discussion Schema

Check proposal in the next week for updates:
  
https://github.com/KantaraInitiative/wg-otto/blob/master/docs/proposal/proposal.md

Mike to work on SAML IDP and SP schema

Yuriy to work on UMA AS, RS, and Client schema

## Discussion on Linked Data Signatures

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/

Mike was concerned about the status.

Below are excerpts from an email thread between Mike and Manu Sprony.
OTTO WG members should consider and send comments to the mailing list.

Mike: Can ask for yoru informal appraisal of linked data signatures?

Manu: We have the technology deployed in commercial pilot projects and 
have
been working on it off and on for the better part of 4+ years. That's to
say that the technology is well past the "prototype" stage.

Mike: Are there any significant risks for non-completion that I should 
be
worried about?

Manu: It's an experimental draft spec right now and we haven't pushed it
forward yet because there have been multiple people from the JOSE
community that have asked us not to do so (as it could be viewed as
creating a pseudo-competitor w/ JOSE). That said, we're not thrilled 
with
JOSE and have written about it at
length here: http://manu.sporny.org/2013/sm-vs-jose/
So, all that said - we have no idea if it'll ever make it to a W3C REC
or an IETF RFC. We do intend to pursue that route at some point, but are
attempting to get more commercial deployments before we head down that 
path.

There is precedent for standards formalizing usage, then define new 
patterns.
So proceeding with this strategy could provide more evidence that there 
is a
use case for this type of signing.

## Next Meeting - Weds 5/4/2016 9am PT

   **NO MEETING 4/27 DUE TO Internet Identity Workshop!!!**

  - Janusz will do a demo on some work he's been doing on Edugate

Screen Sharing: 
[https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/162399285](https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/162399285)

  - Audio: Skype: +99051000000481
  - North America Toll: +1 (805) 309-2350
  - Alternate Toll: +1 (714) 551-9842
  - International Toll: http://www.turbobridge.com/international.html

  - Conference ID: 613-2898

     Command Menu: 0 Plays menu of Keypad Commands *3 Promote to Host (if 
non-host) *5 Raise your hand
     *6 Mute yourself (toggle on/off) *# Private roll call of 
participants *\ Mute music-on-hold (toggle on/off)

     TurboPhone (beta): https://www.turbobridge.com/join.html Works with 
Internet Explorer on Windows only

     SIP Access (using IP phone or soft phone) sip:bridge at turbobridge.com
     SIP URL details: 
https://www.turbobridge.com/help/Index.html?context=180



More information about the WG-OTTO mailing list