[WG-OTTO] Building our own schema site w/schema.org code

Janusz Ulanowski janusz.ulanowski at heanet.ie
Wed Apr 13 16:12:05 CDT 2016

It's nothing to do with linked data (it would be just called from
'@context')
for instance it would simplify setting restrictions - how do I know if a
metadata I pull is correct?
Obvioulsy I'm not saying we must use it but I see more pros than cons.

--
Janusz
On 13/04/16 21:07, Rainer Hoerbe wrote:
> However, this is a pretty involved technology that has been successful only in very narrow niches. Linked data is already a hoop we want IDM-guys to jump. I don’t think that going too semantic will help broad adoption.
>
> - Rainer
>
>> Am 13.04.2016 um 21:59 schrieb Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski at heanet.ie>:
>>
>> Hi,
>> sorry I'm not convinced;)
>>
>> Personally I would go for OWL since it has richer vocabulary and is more expressive:
>> "OWL = RDFS + more semantic features like cardinalities, union, intersection and more reasoning and inferring possibilities.)"
>> "in owl you can add equivalent class: https://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#equivalentClass1)
>> It would be much easier (in the future) to validate metadata against otto schema.
>>
>> It's just my point of view.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Janusz
>>

>> On 13/04/16 16:59, yuriy at gluu.org wrote:
>>> It would be nice if we can avoid manual conversion. I would prefer to
>>> automate it.
>>>
>>> Lets say we all agreed that it's ok for us to define schema in N3
>>> format. We may combine RDFLib and schemaorg projects:
>>> 1. Define in N3 (or whatever other format)