[WG-OTTO] Building our own schema site w/schema.org code

Janusz Ulanowski janusz.ulanowski at heanet.ie
Wed Apr 13 10:49:00 CDT 2016

Hi,

I think, we shouldn't be worried in what format we want to express our
schema. I tested Protege (tool for building worl-ontology) and I must
say it's pretty good. It allows you to do a lot of things plus check for
consistency. There is nice introduction on www.udemy.com - the course is
called "Practical Knowledge Modelling" - I really recommend it.
Personally I'm strongly for building our own schema/ontology - In thhis
schema obviously we can reference to schema.org.

On 13/04/16 14:30, yuriy at gluu.org wrote:
> Hi Judith,
>
> Actually both you and Jeff referenced to the same project. According to
> description of the project it consumes only rdfa-lite syntax which is
> actually kind of html.
>
> Here is core schema defined in rdfa :
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/blob/sdo-deimos/data/schema.rdfa
> Rdfa lite on w3: https://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-lite/
>
> We have to discuss whether rdfa lite is ok for us to write it by hand :).
>
> It's kind of static publishing while we are looking for generator that
> can generate the site (static html/js/css) from turtle/json-ld or
> similar syntax. So far I didn't find any.
>
> Actually I may write our own if Mike confirm it.
>
> Thanks,
> Yuriy Z
>

> On 2016-04-12 02:52, Bush,Judith wrote:
>> See https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/wiki/AppEngine [1]
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/wiki/AppEngine

Janusz Ulanowski
Edugate: http://www.edugate.ie
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301