[WG-OTTO] Ethereum - Multichain - Namecoin

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Thu Nov 5 08:52:26 CST 2015

OTTO WG,

I'm more confused than ever. I spents a few hours yesterday looking at
Etherium, Multichain and Namecoin.

It seems like Etherium offers more flexibility to code, but I have no
idea if the business model is feasible--who would pay for transactions
and storage?

Mutlichain looks interesting because you can create a private
blockchain, but who would do the mining? Also, this is a fork of
bitcoin, so would it have the features we want?

Namecoin looks really intersting, and I wonder if we should fork that
code to support our federation use case... I was looking at the
specification yesterday:
   https://wiki.namecoin.org/index.php?title=Domain_Name_Specification
   and the FAQ:
   https://wiki.namecoin.org/index.php?title=FAQ
Perhaps leveraging DNS to resolve our federation services makes sense
after all...

- Mike