[WG-OTTO] [WG-UMA] Legal Use Case - User Managed vs. Controlled Access

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Fri Aug 21 14:28:13 CDT 2015

As all of us know, creating and operating a federation is really
difficult. You need to create both tools and rules. Adding complexity in
the rules seems to make it exponentially, not arithmetically more
difficult. So in an industry like healthcare, where there are lots of
existing rules, and many concerns inadequately addressed by current
rules, the challenges may seem insurmountable.

The work we are undertaking may only be a small part of the ultimate
solution for how autonomous domains in highly complex and regulated
ecosystems establish trust and interoperability. My own personal goal is
to solve trust between a smaller set of domains than the "healthcare
industry."

Even if we fail, I think this work could be helpful providing feedback
for future solutions.

- Mike