[WG-OTTO] Draft Minutes 8/19/15

Janusz Ulanowski janusz.ulanowski at heanet.ie
Thu Aug 20 18:30:33 CDT 2015

Hello,

I'm just wondering....
What about using di-graph structrue for representation metadata.
Metadata could be flat containing additional information about trust.
[
     {
         "type": "fed",
         "id": "234234",
         "trust": [
             "321",
             "421"
         ]
     },
     {
         "type": "rp",
         "id": "321",
         "trust": [
             "234234"
         ]
     },
     {
         "type": "as",
         "id": "421",
         "trust": [
             "234234"
         ]
     },
     {
         "type": "as",
         "id": "555",
         "trust": [
             "666"
         ]
     },
     {
         "type": "rp",
         "id": "666",
         "trust": [
             "555"
         ]
     }
]

(trusts could be seperated nodes with diffrent type)
maybe it could also contain degree of trust etc

This structure could allow to set multi-fed trust, bi-literal.
and trust between nodes must best on both ends.
The calculation would be bit more complex to check trust between paries
through fed(s) - (graphs theory to revisit)
... and we can still use blockchain - i guess

# How would the federation give access to members to write to a tree?

Maybe during entity registration copy of public key of entity would be
stored by RegistrationAuthority.
It could be used by api to verify change requests.