[WG-OTTO] Draft Minutes 8/19/15

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Wed Aug 19 11:19:03 CDT 2015

OTTO WG Minutes 8/12/15
STATUS: Draft

## Voting Members Attending:
Michael Schwartz
Judith Bush
Keith Hazelton
Jim Willeke

## Non-voting members
- Rainer Hoerbe

## Topics discussed

NOMINATIONS / VOTING
We will open nominations for roles the week of 9/2 - 9/8, hold voting
the week of 9/9-9/15.
Roles will be two co-chairs and specification editor. Need to follow-up
to ask
about if there is a system available to handle our vote.

1) Scope / Schedule

Entity discovery is the most important use case:
   1) How would the federation give access to members to write to a tree?

   2) Entity / member data structure?

   3) Federation description data structure? Is it just an entity?
       a) How a federation would publish what user attributes, openid
scopes,
        uma scopes, acr's and amr's are available?

   4) How will the data be published--blockchain

   5) How can you query? By id? What about entity-based attribute based
queries?
      For example, return all the OpenID Connect Relying Parties. Rainer
mentioned
      perhaps a query to return RP's with a certain sector_identifier.

   6) Description of the trust models : hierarchical, peer-to-peer. How
would trust
   be established using the OTTO data structure / standard.

Metadata publication is a solution to a larger problem, for example,
business rules, enrollment.

Peer to peer trust models exist for certificates, where you could see
who else trusts an entity.
Replication rating in stack exchange... or social network.

Perhaps if there is visibility on who trusts who, it could enable the
creation of many trust models.

Jim posted a link to an article on a minimum viable blockchain:
  https://www.igvita.com/2014/05/05/minimum-viable-block-chain

Rainer mentioned that we need to consider the time aspect of any trust
network. For example, maybe I trusted
you last week, but not this week.

2) OpenID Connect Thread on "claims" in the Client Registration Spec?

http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/Week-of-Mon-20150810/005680.html

Next week's Meeting Details - same time / same place!

Screen Sharing: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/162399285

Audio: Skype: +99051000000481
North America Toll: +1 (805) 309-2350
Alternate Toll: +1 (714) 551-9842
International Toll: http://www.turbobridge.com/international.html

Conference ID: 613-2898

Command Menu: 0 Plays menu of Keypad Commands *3 Promote to Host (if
non-host) *5 Raise your hand *6 Mute yourself
(toggle on/off) *# Private roll call of participants *\ Mute
music-on-hold (toggle on/off)

TurboPhone (beta): https://www.turbobridge.com/join.html Works with
Internet Explorer on Windows only

SIP Access (using IP phone or soft phone) sip:bridge at turbobridge.com