[WG-ISI] Agenda Item

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Wed Oct 14 22:52:32 UTC 2020

Speaking personally I will note that the WG charter specifies the IPR for
the WG: https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/WGISI/Charter. If
that is the wrong IPR regime for the work that you want to do, then the
best thing to do is create a WG charter that is appropriate for your
stakeholders and move forward with that.

Have a better than average day,
John

"The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their
minds to be good or evil.” ― Hannah Arendt
<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/12806.Hannah_Arendt>, The Life of
the Mind <https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/122534>

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 18:48, Mark Lizar <mark at openconsent.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Working through the issue of how to continue the AdvCIS  work in Kantara,
> there are a couple of options identified. (So Far)
>
> 1.  Put back the RF-Rand Opt Out- which somehow disappeared after this
> work group started - agree to allow the next version to be kept under
> RF-Rand Opt-Out which the Consent Reciept work ws developed under
> 2. Start a new Group for the Notice and Consent Receipt v1.2 and 2 - which
> we started in ISI
> 3. Contribute this to Kantara in another fashion, to another work group,
> e.g. trust framework group
> 4. Publish work somewhere else
>

> With number 1, we would also need to address the IPR issue which prevented
> Tom Jones from participating as this is a key concern
>
> For number 2, we would need multiple proposers -
>
> Very happy to move forward from here, the AdvCIS: Notice + Consent Receipt
> v1.2 is looking really good and interoperable with all things ISI.
>
> Is this something we can get on the ISI agenda?
>
> - Mark

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
strictly prohibited.