[WG-ISI] Usable_Consents

Mark @ OC mark at openconsent.com
Fri Feb 21 15:44:44 UTC 2020

Tom -

It's been awhile since I read this paper.    Auspicious timing though, because, this paper is really what kicked off the consent receipt work. But it was put behind a paywall, and because we are ethical engineers in consent, its something we haven’t actively published.

 Now, its 2020 - Its time to get past these hangups - and to team up - collaborate.  And make a conscious decision to not lets any of this amazing work and energy in information sharing be put behind a paywall.   So we can build together.

We (this WG) should include interoperability as a core category, to include a focus on interop, which fits the purpose of a WG at Kantara, and then with this next generation of energy and  a diversity in focus, stand on the shoulders of the Kantara Community.

Thanks for posting :-)

- Mark

IMO - there is no need to ask ask people/projects to pick one idea, project or approach or another.  But there is a need for us to have a common approach and consensus on interop.

We should have a group look at look at how these projects can interop and leverage one another, (which is really the super hot value , notice and consent standards provide for us)    Literally N&C  is human centric tech (A common language and system map) for human centric data control, and now that the record for this is going to ISO, it can really be useful for Me2B, JLinc, MyData, and DIACC, Digi.Me, etc. to use a common set of data control vocabulary to interoperate with each other.

Jim:  - would it be okay to add the topic of interop to agenda for a group call? (Maybe once a month?)