[WG-InfoSharing] Intentcasting Call This Week Cancelled/ MyData Operators Paper

Iain Henderson iainhenderson at mac.com
Thu Apr 30 16:03:57 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I’m afraid that IIW has got in the way of me writing up the notes from last weeks call on ‘why has Intentcasting not happened so far’; so I suggest we postpone tomorrow’s call and re-convene on Friday 8th; i’ll catch up with the notes this weekend.

Meantime, I thought it would be good to share this newly released white paper from the MyData Community on the concept of ‘MyData Operators’.

This paper has taken about 8 months to produce with many contributions from people we know, all synthesised into something that I think makes sense. It basically says ‘MyData Operators’ (in Project VRM these are akin to 4th parties); have either a fiduciary or neutral relationship with the individual; i.e. are specifically not working solely for the organisation. It could point to the creation of a new industry category in that the 48n early ‘proto-operators’ have committed to next steps as being ’the march to interoperability’.

Personally I see this work as complementary to the work on Intentcasting in that it solidifies the ‘fiduciary relationship between a data service provider and an individual’; that’s likely a key component in delivering Intentcasting at scale.

The white paper is at https://mydata.org/operators/ <https://mydata.org/operators/>

The slides used in an IIW session today are at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kHgyJYhszhPAsluX1CO9Uoxwg_LfFPHU_DhRM28b8Fg/edit#slide=id.p <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kHgyJYhszhPAsluX1CO9Uoxwg_LfFPHU_DhRM28b8Fg/edit#slide=id.p>

Feedback on the above was good in the session, and seems to be good overall so far. We can perhaps discuss this when we re-convene on 8th May.

Cheers