[WG-InfoSharing] Intentcasting meeting notes and next meeting

Iain Henderson iainhenderson at mac.com
Thu Apr 23 09:33:58 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Here are the meeting notes from our first meet last Friday.

https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/WGISI/2020-04-17+Meeting+notes+%28ISI%29+Draft <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/WGISI/2020-04-17+Meeting+notes+(ISI)+Draft>

What i’d like to cover in our call tomorrow is ‘why has intentcasting not happened before/ taken off?’. After all, we’ve been talking about it since 2008 in Project VRM, and before in a few other contexts; and the core idea that an individual should be able to safely and securely broadcast their buying intentions and get relevant responses makes perfect sense; doesn’t it?

That’s so that we can include that in our workgroup report as historical context, and see if we can tease out the blockers/ barriers that would need to be overcome for the capability to emerge at scale.

I suggest we use this post as our start point. Maybe Doc has other definitional material in The Intention Economy?

https://cyber.harvard.edu/projectvrm/Intentcasting <https://cyber.harvard.edu/projectvrm/Intentcasting>

Already flagged reasons why Intentcasting reasons has not yet taken off would include:

- the name is unclear/ confusing...
- it’s not well enough defined…
- i’m not sure what products or services I buy this would be relevant to...
- there are no technical or data standards to make services easy to build…
- we’d need to be able to move our data between providers so as to not be locked in...
- Google does a good enough job with Search...
- none of my existing suppliers work this way…
- the CRM software/ service providers don’t have that functionality in their systems…

No doubt i’s missed a few.

In any case, i’ll look forward to discussing more tomorrow; call details and time below.

*** Next call 2020-04-24 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time

https://www.gotomeet.me/KantaraGTM2/isi-wg-intentcasting <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gotomeet.me%2FKantaraGTM2%2Fisi-wg-intentcasting&sa=D&ust=1587500089429000&usg=AFQjCNHkSDg0fOXdoKKIM8M8oRwt7cLA0A>

Cheers