[WG-InfoSharing] Intentcasting meeting notes and next meeting
iainhenderson at mac.com
Thu Apr 23 09:33:58 UTC 2020
Here are the meeting notes from our first meet last Friday.
What i’d like to cover in our call tomorrow is ‘why has intentcasting not happened before/ taken off?’. After all, we’ve been talking about it since 2008 in Project VRM, and before in a few other contexts; and the core idea that an individual should be able to safely and securely broadcast their buying intentions and get relevant responses makes perfect sense; doesn’t it?
That’s so that we can include that in our workgroup report as historical context, and see if we can tease out the blockers/ barriers that would need to be overcome for the capability to emerge at scale.
I suggest we use this post as our start point. Maybe Doc has other definitional material in The Intention Economy?
Already flagged reasons why Intentcasting reasons has not yet taken off would include:
- the name is unclear/ confusing...
- it’s not well enough defined…
- i’m not sure what products or services I buy this would be relevant to...
- there are no technical or data standards to make services easy to build…
- we’d need to be able to move our data between providers so as to not be locked in...
- Google does a good enough job with Search...
- none of my existing suppliers work this way…
- the CRM software/ service providers don’t have that functionality in their systems…
No doubt i’s missed a few.
In any case, i’ll look forward to discussing more tomorrow; call details and time below.
*** Next call 2020-04-24 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WG-InfoSharing