[WG-InfoSharing] Success at ISO SC27!

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Fri Oct 18 12:18:25 UTC 2019

Hello everyone

I am pleased to provide you with an update in advance of this news making
its way into the public domain.

Here at the ISO SC27 meetings in Paris, LC Chair Andrew and I have been
working hard to overcome several obstacles that are part and parcel of the
politics that pervades international standardization efforts.

We are pleased that we have wrangled a consensus for a way forward. Not
everything goes our way, such is the nature of consensus. Nonetheless it is
a potentially history-making milestone .

As of 12 Noon CET, the New Work Item Proposal, together with a draft
outline drawn from the section headings from the Kantara CR v1.1
specification, is now a confirmed project to develop a Technical
Specification (that will eventually emerge from the process as ISO/IEC TS
2043 Privacy technologies - consent record information structure). We
expect to hear TS 2043 mentioned many times in the coming years!

Attached is a cropped pic of the screen.

To the CR V.x contributors, the members, and the non member participants
that compose the Kantara community who volunteered countless hours to get
us to this point, on behalf of us all, the LC and the Board, my heartfelt
thanks.

Let us take this moment as the week comes to an end, to give ourselves a
pat on the back, and quietly reflect that this is the essence of Kantara's
ethos and ethics - to lift all boats for industry and the people they serve
- encapsulated in our mission; the global consortium improving trustworthy
use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and
good practice.
.
Thank you!
Colin
Executive Director
Cell or Signal: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraColin #kantara10
Kantara Consent Receipt and Kantara UMA are 2 of the top 5
<https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
Kantara Initiative
<https://kantarainitiative.org/about/10th-anniversary/>, Kantara
Educational