[WG-InfoSharing] News from EIC Munich - Data receipt demo sessions

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 07:25:15 UTC 2019

Thanks everyone

Iain: Yes. No. Maybe.  ;-)

What I'm proposing right now is that the current and evolved Consent
Receipt is actually a specialization of a more generalized data receipt.
The generalized data receipt does not exist and I believe that's where we
need to move towards for v2. Conceptually, anyone should be able to pick up
that general data receipt specification and 'specialize' or 'profile' it to
meet the requirements of their situation. Two of the key specializations
are "GDPR-Consent" and maybe something like "CCPA-Consumer Protection" -
same core fields, similar data dictionary, specialized fields and values
based on specific regulation.

I'd like v2 to retain requirements traceability properties - that's
critical if we want the specification to have smooth intake to
international standards bodies. This will look like a 'use case gathering'
phase; a requirements derivation phase; a 'features' prioritization phase;
and a specification writing phase.

We have been encouraging people to think about and contribute use cases
into the pool so that we have a good set or sources to feed into the
overall process.

One possible process way to retain the 'consent' receipt and also build the
'general' receipt spec is to categorize the requested 'features' into
'functional requirements' requests and 'non-functional requirements'
requests. That way we can incorporate improvements into the v1.1 spec and
also use the new requirements to flesh out the general data receipt.

I makes sense to me - but I'm pretty badly jetlagged at the moment :-)

andrew.

AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com