[WG-InfoSharing] Read This One - Privacy is not 'Agreement' & Consent is not 'Permission' - A Call for Identity Industry Privacy Best Practice

Info@SS info at smartspecies.com
Thu Mar 28 16:20:30 UTC 2019

Hi Andrew,

This is more an acknowledgement of the gap, I am sure Iain can expound on this gap, which he has repeatedly expressed needs being addressed.  I suppose it represents some long outstanding issues in which companies can generate the privacy infrastructure for information sharing.

To translate a little better, A Privacy Best Practices for identity management would in my opinion be a consent records and receipt that use standards. Consent receipts are pretty much identity management specific, as Identity and notice are the main required components to create an authoritative record and usable receipt for compliance, evidence and personal data control.

So, not sure what you mean?   Part of this is directed towards your diagram of the agreement flow, and trying to place this in the flow of work from a cosent receipt perspective.  Again, it might be good to separate consent receipt work and discussion as a subset of the efforts for demo and its application to specific type of use cases as represents in the agreement flow you resented.

Exploring the use and application of a privacy profile is interesting, because it could even provide the company attributes needed to automate the agreement flows you presented to the group earlier this year.

Mark,