[WG-InfoSharing] Stupid "Consent" Patent

Domenico Rotondi d.rotondi at computer.org
Tue Mar 5 14:17:58 UTC 2019

On 5 Mar 2019 at 5:22, Nat Sakimura wrote:
Hi all,
I'm not a lawyer but I think that the US Patent Office has created a "cul de sac"
situation.

Indeed, all companies dealing with EU citizens personal data must (must) comply
with GDPR and explicitly ask for consent; but, on the other hand, to be compliant
companies must pay fees to a private (US) company!

This seems to me completely illegal. I think the question must be reported to the EU
Commission offices to activate due actions.
Ciao
   Domenico

I have not read it yet, but there should be plenty of prior art to deny the patent.